Xiaomi recently released the MIUI development version V220.127.116.11.19.DEV, V18.104.22.168.20.DEV, V22.214.171.124.21.DEV for some devices. According to reports, the following devices are testing the update
- Xiaomi Mi MIX FOLD
- Xiaomi Pad 5 Pro 5G
- Xiaomi Pad 5 Pro
- Xiaomi Pad 5
- Xiaomi Mi 11 Youth Vitality Edition
However, from all the devices above, this is the first release of the MIUI development version based on Android 13 for Xiaomi Pad 5 Pro 12.4 and Xiaomi Pad 5, bringing a number of optimizations and improvements. Of course, Xiaomi Pad 5 will continue to release the Android 12 based MIUI dev version. It will not release a new Android 13 based MIUI dev version until the model adapts to Android 13.
Xiaomi also said that the Redmi K50 and Redmi K50 Pro photon engines are expected to be added to the dev version in January 2023. In addition, Xiaomi 13 Pro and Xiaomi 13 are expected to release the MIUI dev version on January 13, 2023.
In other respects, Xiaomi also said that because the underlying architecture of tablet/folding screen models is quite different from that of ordinary models, Xiaomi Mi MIX FOLD, Xiaomi Pad 5 Pro 5G, and Xiaomi Pad 5 Pro are being adapted to MIUI14 + Android 13.
GIZCHINA NEWS OF THE WEEK
- The system fixes the problem of abnormal power consumption of WLAN in specific settings
- Fix the problem that causes the screen to fail in certain scenarios
In order to improve the user experience, some apps in the MIUI system are decoupled. Users can upgrade them in the app store. It is a part of the dev version of the MIUI system. In the continuous iteration, some repairs may not be fully displayed in the announcement log of the day.
1. The MIUI dev version can be upgraded online by going to “Settings → My Device → MIUI Version”. Be sure to back up your data before the update
2. Some models may have slightly different release times due to functions.
The dev version is a test version and it is for a small number of senior geeks for feedback and testing. The stability is low.